For innkeepers, hospitality comes from the heart, not the bottom...
Top 10 Reasons a B&B Beats Mom’s Lumpy Sofabed Any Day
Ten top reasons a B&B beats Mom’s lumpy sofabed
It’s countdown to the holidays and while the family gathering is supposed to be joyful, the anticipation of sleepless nights on the sofabed…or worse yet blow up mattress… is not putting visions of sugarplums in your head. While it takes less energy to smile than frown at family gatherings, sleepless nights in the uncomfortable guest bed – whatever it may be – means you’d better use caution that you don’t fall asleep while roasting chestnuts near the open fire.
No need to lose any more sleep thinking about how to explain the dark circles under your eyes to Mom and the family. There’s surely still plenty of room at the inn nearby. Consider these ten reasons a B&B is the better way to stay this holiday season.
1. Their walls don’t talk: Everyone needs time to process that insensitive comment from the sister-in-law, crazy Aunt Helen’s antics or the re-gifting of the blue scarf you gave your brother last year. Rather than being overheard at Mom’s house, retreat to a quiet B&B where you can rehash all the family fun with your spouse later in the evening.
2. A place for your toothbrush: Pet peeve #21 about staying at Mom’s: no room for the toilet kit. Book a holiday stay at an inn or B&B close to Mom’s and you’ll have a private bath all to yourself. And you don’t even have to put the toilet seat down if you don’t want to!
3. Start the day out right: While you know Mom wants you to get plenty of fiber, her idea of soupy oatmeal is not your idea of the perfect breakfast. Since breakfast is the half the B&B’s name you can count on a delicious and hearty start to your day if you book a stay this holiday season.
4. Greetings with a smile: The holidays can take their toll on Mom and Dad, especially when company is involved. Check into a nearby B&B and you’ll be greeted with a smile from an innkeeper who’s happy to welcome you home.
5. No need to make the bed: You don’t make your bed at home but when you stay at Mom’s it’s not only a requirement it has to be done to her specs. Leave the bed making to your innkeeper, and spend your holiday making holiday pies not beds.
6. Room to breathe: It can get awfully crowded during holiday gatherings and especially tough when Aunt Mildred insists on dousing herself in Eau de Toilette. Take refuge at a nearby B&B and you’ll have plenty of room to spread out and breathe.
7. Guilt free: While there’s nothing better than being home for the holidays, there’s bound to be a reminder or two from one or another family member of something you’d rather forget. Check into a B&B and get a warm welcome from an innkeeper who’ll carry your baggage, not remind you about it.
8. Turn down the heat: It’s often too hot at Mom’s house. You’re used to your 60-degree home where you throw an extra blanket on rather than bust the heating budget. This year, cool off after Mom’s house at a nearby inn or B&B where if it’s too hot, you don’t have to worry about asking to turn the heat down or open a window.
9. Silence: Do your ears ring after an evening of family reminiscing? Retreat to a B&B and you’ll savor the silence in your private room.
10. And last but not least…Best reason to stay at a B&B rather than Mom’s house is a good night’s sleep on fabulously comfortable beds with clean, comfortable linens and comfy pillows.
To find a better way to stay this holiday season, visit http://www.betterwaytostay.com/map/ and click on the state where your Mom lives, or where you’ll be traveling. This holiday season, consider staying at an inn or B&B near Mom’s so you can really enjoy your time at home.
Do You Like The Article? Share It!